Friday, March 20, 2009

Austin, TX

Friday

I jump up from the bed. The moment my feet hit the floor my knees give out and I topple over. I hit my head on the short dresser that holds the television and land in my suitcase. My legs have given up on me. I find myself lying there for longer than I should; taking in the room from the fetal position on top of fading denim and blue collared Dickies work shirts. My phone rings. I sit up, rubbing my head, and answer. My bare feet mingle with disregarded socks and the laundry I haven’t attempted cleaning as I listen to the voice on the other line. Cue teachers voice from Charlie Brown. Morning has crept up on me too soon, but the days can’t seem to pass fast enough. A crumpled flight confirmation reveals itself from underneath a water bottle filled with electronic cables and an assortment of chargers as I stand up. Sunday. 7:40pm St. Louis to Minneapolis. I can survive til Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummm...eat more bananas