Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cleveland, OH (recap)

(notes from February 19th)

Have been driving for seven hours. Needing to leave immediately after my last demo, I didn’t have much time to map out the most efficient route. Instead, I enter the Ohio address and barrel into the lingering fog headed North, under the guidance of my GPS Spanish mistress. Trains of cars keep passing from the opposite direction, leaving me as the lone fish struggling upstream. I’m searching the shoulder for signs, something to assure I am not driving down a one-way at seventy miles an hour. I’m convinced she’s turned on me. I have twelve hours to figure out if she’s trustworthy or jealous of my previous Portuguese romance. I can’t help but wonder if twelve hours from I’ll end up at an IHOP in Montana with my portion of our divided belongings. She’ll keep the van. I’ll get the map.

No comments: