I'm flying U.S. Airways. I'm flying U.S. Airways the day after their crash landing into the Hudson in NY. And I'm sitting in the exit row, closest to the door. My regular survey scan for the competent, those with brute strength, those that likely have rubber knifes tapped to their calves takes place with a bit more care. I listen more intently to those safety instructions.
Mentally I take note of my own belongings. What is truly necessary and what will be lost and left behind. I compare these to the items used by folks in television shows and the movies I grew up on. I checked most things that would serve as excellent survival gear, but I did bring my climbing shoes in my carry on along with my UV ray protective jerseys. I will be the only one not suffering from sunburn and blisters as I scale the trees to knock down coconuts for the children before we have ostrich races on the beach and build connecting tree houses.
I wander for a few moments before boarding the plane, looking for last minute survival needs. Sadly, matches, tarps, and hiking boots are hard to find. I settle on LifeSavers and board the plane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment