I.
My second serving of my first batch of cheesecake brownies is sitting to my right, resting on a mousepad that also holds three small notebooks. I'm sifting through them in attempts to piece together the last few weeks. My mind isn't cooperating. 5 minutes would have made all the difference. Three even. Chocolate milk and cheesecake brownies for breakfast is a great celebration of the independence of adulthood, and a reminder that the recently accumulated ten pounds should not have taken me by surprise.
After Missouri I dropped off the van in Minneapolis and caught a plane to Boston to share impromptu stories with an old friend and sneak in a $16 concert. Fall caught up with me as I fell asleep reading short stories in a park near the harbor. I awoke surrounded by tweed jackets walking dogs, students priding college logo'd sweatshirts, and the goosebumps on my arms- a braille telling of the end of summer. I flew back to Minneapolis and caught a plane to Vegas to bronze once more before snowfall.

No comments:
Post a Comment